Monday 13 April 2015

65Years Old Grandma Pregnant With Quadruplets

65 years old  Annergret Raunigk who has 13children and 7 grandchildren is now pregnant with quadruplets.

Annegret decided to have another child because her youngest daughter, who is nine, wants a little brother or sister. She got her latest pregnancy through artificial insemination, using both donated sperm and eggs though she has been trying to get pregnant 2013.

Annegret will make medical history when she becomes the oldest mother of four in a single birth in the world. Annegret, whose pregnancy is 21weeks old said she was ‘shocked’ when an ultrasound scan showed she was carrying quadruplets. Her doctor initially mentioned the possibility of a ‘selective reduction’, where one or more fetuses is aborted in a multi-fetal pregnancy, but she declined.

Annegret said; “Certainly that was a shock for me. After the doctor discovered there were four, I had to give it some thought to begin with. I’m not actually afraid. I simply assume I’ll remain healthy and fit.

"The babies were due in the summer
In matters of organisation I have enough experience, that’s not new for me. At first, I only wanted one child. Not all were planned. But then things happen. I’m not a planner but rather spontaneous. And children keep me young.”

The pregnancy had so far been without any major complications and that if everything went well, the babies were due in the summer and Ms Raunigk is set to become the oldest woman ever to give birth to quadruplets. Her 13 children – the oldest of whom is 44years old and they are by 5different fathers.

No comments: